Western Downs Magazines publishes five community magazines, which have a combined circulation of 16 000. These monthly magazines are free of charge and are posted to all households & businesses within the Western Downs Regional Council Shire.
The magazines bring together, shape, promote and support these rural and regional communities through featuring local events, sport, community news, schools, organisations and businesses.
- Are produced monthly and distributed, free of charge to every house, business and PO Box in their respective areas. They are also available at Newsagencies, the Tourist Information Centres and Libraries.
- We aim to report on local events, sport, community news, local schools, organisations and businesses.
- We rely heavily on community support for our editorials as this magazine aims to be a product shaped by the locals for the locals. We accept editorials from all non-profit organisations (Lions, QCWA, Apex etc.) free of charge. Also welcome are reports from the local sporting clubs wishing to publish their results for the month.
- The Western Downs Regional Council supports our magazines using them to publish their monthly Updates and well as Public Notices and general information needing to reach the Western Downs Community.
- Feature a ‘What’s On’ section to allow for the advertisement of local events - the likes of the races, local shows, fetes fund-raising activities and so on. Non-profit organisations do receive discounted rates in this section. Please see the ‘Advertise’ page for details. If the event is listed with the Western Downs Regional Council, it will also be printed in the Regional Events Calendar, which appears in all the magazines, free of charge.
- There are Community Contacts pages; this is also a free service. This page has all the local contact numbers for any community organisation, sports club, church and halls for hire. If you would like a number added, please email or phone us.
- There are Trades and Business Directories, which is available for the extremely affordable price of $5 per line. One line would in most cases give a business the chance to advertise their business name, motto or slogan and contact numbers. This serves as a quick reference guide to the general public and saves getting out the phone book!
- Of course, the local businesses have the opportunity to advertise throughout the magazines. The advertising rates are extremely competitive, especially in comparison with the current alternatives and even more so, if you take out one of our packages. Please again view our ‘Advertising Specials’ page for details.
- Businesses can submit their own editorial, for free, when coupled with advertising.
- The magazines also encourage the local schools and kindergartens to submit editorials and photos, if they wish, as a way of keeping the community informed of activities happening within the school - students excelling, fund-raising activities and really promote their school.
Posted to every house, business and PO Box in Dalby and to some surrounding areas.
Distribution: 5 500
Posted to every house, business and PO Box in: Jandowae, Jimbour, Warra, Kaimkillenbun, Bell, Brigalow and Bowenville.
Distribution: 2 500
Posted to every house, business and PO Box in: Tara, Meandarra, Glenmorgan, The Gums, Moonie, Westmar, Inglestone, Hannaford and Flinton.
Distribution: 2 000
Posted to every house, business and PO Box in: Chinchilla, Baking Board, Boonarga, Burncluith, Canaga, Chances Plain, Durah, Hopeland, Montros, Wieambilla, Auburn, Pelican, Cameby and Red Hill.
Distribution: 2 500
Servicing Barramornie, Broadmere, Cockatoo, Columboola, Condamine, Dalwogon, Drillham, Ghinghinda, Glenaubyn, Grosmont, Guluguba, Hookswood, Jackson, Miles, Moraby, Nangram, Spring Creek, Taroom & Wandoan.
Distribution: 2 500